A holiday to the south of Chile

Sup, I'd like to speak about the best holiday that I can recall.
This was in the early 2020, just before the covid pandemic. It was from 2nd of January till the 20th. 
Me and a handfull of friends decided to visit the south of Chile, so, to afford it we worked our asses off at a fair all of november and december to gather some money. When we were done, bought the tickets and suffered a 15 hour trip at a semi-sleeper.
We arrived in Puerto Montt and enjoyed the day with some rented bicycles and really explored the place.
(Puerto Montt's Bus Stop)
We spent the nights in a house of an Uncle from a friend, the place was gigantic, sometimes we would wake to a fucking bull in the garden or a massive spider above our tents (even we were at a nice place, we still wanted to camp, it sucked but it was lovely).
The following days we ventured into the Sanctuary of Larchs, close to the Calbuco Volcano, we saw an amazing biodiversity of plants, bugs, frogs, snakes and that kind of things.




We also spent a lot of time in Frutillar and Puerto Varas, visited the Colonial German museum, went rafting and trying kayak for the first time for us. It was terrifying but a eerie experiencie nonetheless, especially looking under the kayak and seeing a blue void that extended beyond the light reached.

I think it was so amazing for, not only for the breathtaking views, the freedom to roam the city roads and forest paths, but it was also my first time to go out for vacations without my family, also the internet conecction was so bad that forced me to only use my telephone for photos or write some dubius delirium at 4 am, but I also really enjoyed the fact that I could bond more with my friends and activities that I always wanted to do.

y'know, is always nice to run away from the current society into a forest to find some freedom. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Into the past we go

The Island of Enchantment