The university is my n°1 enemy

 Ehm, yeah, there's not much to add to that.

I don't really mean it tho, I just like being exagerated.

But when it comes to the changes I would like to see in my study program, there is a lot of room for improvement.

Firstly, a common issue in my field (PEMBQ) is the distribution of the study load per semester. For example, we have to take Organic and Inorganic chemistry in the same semester, not to mention other courses in the same semester. For context, in other universities, these courses (O.C. & I.C.) are in separate semesters due to their density.

This issue continues in the following semester where we have to take Org. Chem. II, Physical Chem, Biochem, Physics II, and have our pedagogic practices all in the same semester. This is not only a matter of time but also of proper prerequisites; we should learn physics before attempting to understand physical chemistry, and the same applies to organic chemistry II and biochemistry.

It's as if we need to be constantly on overdrive to perform in such courses for which we don't even have the necessary foundation to comprehend. I don't mean it's impossible, but I'm only finishing my second year, with ample time for studying and achieving good grades, but I don't feel like I'm truly learning. It's more like surfing over a sea of knowledge that we can't dive into because another wave is already hitting us. If we delay our timing just a bit, we risk failing an exam or something similar.

They could at least provide some relaxation spots around the university to help refresh our minds, you know. A swing would be cool.

Comments

  1. Honestly, I don't know what happens to those who create the study programs for the courses in this Faculty. I like the swing idea c: It would be fun and I would probably skip class to go swing hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Into the past we go

The Island of Enchantment

A holiday to the south of Chile